Sunday, October 14, 2012

Coupon Crazy!!

I have officially gone coupon clipping CRAZY!!

I met this really nice woman in Walmart about a month ago and I applauded her on her "coupon book". I told her how I used to do the coupon thing, but I was lazy coupon-er and would just let them go to waste. She offered me some tips and I have been coupon crazy ever since!

I have spent hours online registering to different coupon & brand sites and printing coupons. You can even have some mailed directly to you. And yes, I have gone coupon shopping. Now I have my very own, very thick, coupon book. Most importantly, I USE IT!!

Living in the country, I do travel to shop. So I have to make sure to make every trip count. Although I love to shop at Walmart, they don't seem too big on coupon displays. I found great manufacturer's coupons at Sobey's, Shopper's Drug Mart, Co-op/Marketplace and Safeway. (*If you are a frequent Superstore/Loblaw shopper, their store is literally littered with short term store coupons that almost look like manufacturer coupons. If that's where you shop, it may be worth your while to devote a section of your coupon book to their coupons.)

I've printed coupons from WebSaver.ca and had Save.ca mail me coupons. I've registered for samples, freebies and discounts from Proctor & Gamble (the makers of Tide, Always, Crest...).

I've also found some pages worth liking on Facebook and I get a head's up on more great Canadian offers. Savealoonie.com and Mrsjanuary.com are a couple of REALLY good ones who are on Facebook and who also have websites.

That woman I met told me she saves about $500 a month with her coupon book and other money saving habits. Apart from being a mother of four, being a mother period made her coupon story very appealing to me. What mom wouldn't want to save money?

Thanks Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment