Friday, January 9, 2009

What a Knifty little Knitter thing


About 5 or 6 years ago I saw a neat little knitting gadget and thought that I simply had to have it. I bought it from Michael's and it's called a Knifty Knitter. Another brilliant money-maker, I mean time-saving implement from Provo Craft. There has got to be quite a few smart brods working there. I totally could have gotten a job there as I meet the smart brod requirement. I just never saw the 'help wanted' ad!


Anyway, when I first bought the Knifty Knitter, I made a cute little baby tuque for my son Tre(who just turned 6 yesterday), but his head is so full of mom's smarts it didn't fit.


I then made a baby washcloth with a multi-colored cotton yarn. Before I could finish, my wanted to borrow the jumbo ball of yarn for a knitting (with real knitting needles) project so I let her take the ball, loom and unfinished washcloth.


I am proud to say that I finished that baby washcloth yesterday. Yay for me! So now I've started a head scarf from a pattern I found free on the Provo Craft website. There's a link in our family links list.


More on this knifty gadget...It's called the Knifty Knitter (KK) and it is a knitting loom. I paid $19.99 for mine at Michael's and it was a set of 4 round knitting looms, a pick and yarn needle. Each loom is a different size and a different color which eliminates a lot confusion when reading loom patterns. Mind you, there are brands of round knitting looms, but if you do a google search for KK patterns you'll find enough. You can also purchase 'slim jim' pattern books/pamphlets specific to the KK. Patterns may range from scarfs, slippers, washcloths, diaper covers to afghans and ponchos.


Aside from the round looms I own, Provo Craft has also come out with rectangular/oblong looms. They are on my wish list.


Be sure to check out the Michael's and Provo Craft websites. Lots of great products and project ideas!
**Please note the wee little loom in the picture is not made by Provo Craft.**


Ebbonnie-Dawn




No comments:

Post a Comment